November 29, 2012

Mini Apple Pies


Usually when I attempt a Pinterest recipe it ends in an epic fail but this one was fantastic. Not only was it delicious (seriously people raved about it at work), but it was so easy to make. I'm all about simple recipes especially when it comes to baking.

I found this recipe on Pinterest that was originally from the blog Little Bit Funky. For step by step instructions click the link.

Mini Apple Pie

Start by cutting up eight cups of apples into small 1/2in bits.

Mix the apples with:
12 tablespoons of flour
1 1/2c of sugar
4 heaping teaspoons of cinnamon

You will also need: 
4 tablespoons of chilled butter cut into 24 equal portions.  
two boxes of pilsbury pie crusts 

Unroll your first pie crust and cut several circles out, make enough for your cupcake pan. To make the circles I just used a cup. Line each cup of your muffin tin with a tiny pie crust. Gently fill the crusts with your apple mixture so that they are slightly mounded. Then add the butter to each mini pie. After that use the excess dough and add them to the top. I personally like to add as much dough as I can because the crust is my favorite part. Then brush melted butter before putting them in the oven.

Bake at 400 for about 20 minutes. I would check them at 2-4 minute intervals after about 16 minutes in the oven. The crust will be a little browned on the top. Let cool before using a knife around the edges to get them out. I tend to have problems getting food out in perfect pieces when they're in muffin pans but honestly if you pam the pan beforehand and let them cool you'll have no problem. They come out in great shape and make perfect little bite size treats.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment, however keep in mind "Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."